Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm roof vs Cold roof costs

Options
  • 16-08-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Would like to convert our attic space (~500 sq ft) into habitable space but unfortunately no funds to do so now as the build is underway. I would obviously like to do as much as possible now so as to reduce the amount of work/upheaval required later on when we do get round to converting it.

My question is a general one: how much of a premium should be added for changing from a cold to a warm roof?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

There will be an extra cost in batten fixings, as longer will be required for counter battens etc. Laying insulation over rafters might require a bit more labour. But apart from the fixing I can't see how a warm roof could be hugely more expensive than a cold roof.

Why not get a costing on both types?

IMO a warm roof is better.:)

Advertisement