Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To promote or not?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭

Ok

having a good season in an average leage (III.15). theres a good chance that I'll be in the mix for promotion (currently top of my league and in 7th in the promotion tables)

Question is should I go for promotion (and risk getting into a really hard league) or try and win my league and lose a playoff?

The thing is my league is really weak compared to the other Div 3 leagues (no disrespect meant to any of the other teams in it -but av CSR seems to be 25-35K max, whereas others are 40k+)

Dont want to be promoted just to get hammered week in week out and then get relegated to a harder league

any one care to share their thoughts?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Go for it you may be surprised, I am ranked 6th in my league and down 100,000 CSR for most my line ups but hanging onto 2nd spot and should keep it for the play off's.

IGT is a benefit and a season with bigger clubs is no harm. It has made me work harder at scouting other clubs an looking for weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I thought I'd hate my bot-flush awarded season in div II. It turns out I'm loving the challenge despite the fact most teams outclass me. It gave me an incentive to play around with tactics and tbh the feeling of getting in a win against teams so much more csr is great.

I started the season poorly but with improving my tactics (and admittedly a liberal use of ltnt) I've picked up wins that mean no matter what I'm happy enough with my season. I'm also only 3 pts behind 4th so can still dream of the most unlikely playoff spot ever ;)

There is still a good chance of relegation but I'll be doing my best to go straight back up if I do.

Also you get an extra $10k sponsorship a week as well as more igt. Also been relegated back to a better league than your currently in might not be a terrible thing as you've a better chance of being ready for div.2 if promoting from there. You'll have the same worry every season if you throw your playoff match and stay in the division.

My avr CSR is about 25k by the way, so you shouldn't be hugely worried about losing all your matches if promoted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

didnt even think about the extra 10k in sponsorship. I was more thinking about having my ass handed to me on a plate every week!

looking at the leagues above and beside me...i'm thinking that staying put for this season wouldnt be such a bad thing for me

*****this is all assuming i win the league playoffs ***

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

i knew this would come back and haunt me :rolleyes:

got beaten at the weekend...still on top of league and should have home playoff game(s) - but out of auto promotion places now!

prob lose the playoff semi now :eek:

Advertisement