Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dome Skylight Rreplacement

Options
  • 16-08-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

In a bit of pickle here, and with the imminent rain your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Went up to the roof on flat roof extension to seal a little gap in flashing. On way back, stupidly stood on a perspex type dome skylight to climb onto another section of the roof and boom... put my foot through it and completely shattered it to pieces.

I'm trying to find a replacement one now but don't know where's the best place for it. It's for a 60x90 cm single skin one, and I'm looking for the cheapest option (as I don't intend to keep that extension in the long term). Any idea how to go about finding one? And are they standard, i.e. are their mounting points the same distance or do I need to get a roofer to fit it?

Finally, if I want to get rid of it, how would I go about it? i.e. just roofing that area and forgetting about the light!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Let your fingers do the walking.... contact the manufacturer, PM sent.

Advertisement