Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day notice

Options
  • 16-08-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭

Does the actual applicant have to sign the declaration in front of a commissioner of Oaths or can I do it on their behalf as the agent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not sure what the 7 day notice is for but if you are making a statutory declaration then its your signature that is being witnessed as opposed to the content of the document.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

7 day notice in relation to starting a building job where fire cert is applied for but not yet granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

In any cases to date I dealt with the local authority have insisted on the applicant signing the declaration and in the case of a company some local authorities require a cover letter stating authority(position) of the signature of the person who signs the notice on its behalf.

On an aside I've also come across a local authority who require the applicant to sign the fire cert application form and will not accept the agent.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

in my experience any statutory declarations must be signed by the appropriate applicant as it is a legal document

Advertisement