Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 MPG Gauge

Options
  • 16-08-2010 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

The MPG gauge on my audi is going mental... it changes from 30 up to 200 mpg, then slowly comes back down and jumps up again. Anyone know how to reset it or does something need to be replaced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Your definitely looking at the average mpg gauge as apposed to the current? The current one will look like what you describe. The average mpg will have a crossed out 0 infront of it and a more realistic number

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, that's definitely the current MPG being looked at :) To cycle through the various options, click the button on the side of the stalk a few times and it'll eventually bring you back to average MPG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭buzzing147

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yeah, that's definitely the current MPG being looked at :) To cycle through the various options, click the button on the side of the stalk a few times and it'll eventually bring you back to average MPG :)

Anyone know anything about a 09 a4 fuel tank and mpg for these cars? I had the fuel arrow at full, drove 275 mainly motorway miles and it was then at exactly half way, is this normal enough? Then I put in 30euro diesel and the fuel arrow is at full mark, I though would take at least 40 to get it from half to full? Cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

buzzing147 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about a 09 a4 fuel tank and mpg for these cars? I had the fuel arrow at full, drove 275 mainly motorway miles and it was then at exactly half way, is this normal enough? Then I put in 30euro diesel and the fuel arrow is at full mark, I though would take at least 40 to get it from half to full? Cheers

This thread is 7 years old man.... start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement