Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non drip for a garage roof - Does it work?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, I'm blocking my garage at the moment and next step is to source the roof. Not sure what to go for yet, cladding or hot dip galvanise.

I know you can get non drip on the cladding, not sure about the galvanise, but does this really work. I will have a low pitch roof though!

I plan to keep a clasic car/turf etc in the garage & hope to put a small stove in at some stage but won't be lit on a regular basis over the winter, only when I'm working on the car.

So two questions for ye.....

1. Does non drip really work?

2. What would you use , cladding or hot dip galvanise?

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

non drip sheeting works by a fibre type layer on the instead of the sheet which can retain up to 900grams/mt2 of condensation, though can only be laid at 10 degree pitch or above.
    though in comparison to hot dipped, cladding is probably not a lot more expensive on a small garage and can be ordered in exact lengths so no cut edges or joints, is available in lots of colours so easier on the eyes,
    and if your vintage car will be inside, than the sheeting will absorb all your condensation without the drips...............

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rob555mark

and if your vintage car will be inside than it will absorb all your condensation without the drips...............

So... either use the non drip to avoid this or don't bother as the car will absorb the condensation anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Read it again dude, 'it' is the roof, not the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭muffler

soldsold wrote: »
    Read it again dude, 'it' is the roof, not the car.
    :D

Advertisement