Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3's not being found after2.2 desire upgrade.

Options
  • 16-08-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭

I've been using mp3 finder to download songs. The music players such as the stock player and cubed(3) always listed the songs automatically and I could play them straight away. Since the2.2 update they are not found and I cannot find a reason as they always still download to the same location (mp3search) as they previously did. Has anyone else noticed something different about music in different folders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Did you rescan the SD card after downloading? SDRescan on the market does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Had a similar problem. SDrescan seems to have fixed it for me. However 32 of my albums are down as having unknown artist after the froyo update. I'm using cubed. I tried switching to double twist but its the same. Anybody know why this is happening? Froyo also reset all the artwork to the crappy low res versions that were embedded in the mp3 files. Basically froyo broke my music player.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

SDRescan worked for me. Although I don't know why it was not needed before.

On another subject but related. Is there anything out there that will correct the tag information automatically and restructure the mp3's into their proper album folder? Lots of the mp3search songs are lumped into the one folder and show up with the same album art...

I don't dl music on the phone anymore, I just use Media Monkey to sync my laptop with it like I used to with my iPod and iTunes. So it places music into a folder structure of Music/artist/album etc.

I think with the Pro version (paid) of Media Monkey you can sync both ways, so you can download music on both your phone and computer and it'll add them to the library...

Had a similar problem. SDrescan seems to have fixed it for me. However 32 of my albums are down as having unknown artist after the froyo update. I'm using cubed. I tried switching to double twist but its the same. Anybody know why this is happening? Froyo also reset all the artwork to the crappy low res versions that were embedded in the mp3 files. Basically froyo broke my music player.
    When I upgraded to Froyo Cubed lost all my album Art, but I just ran "Get Art" again and it's fine. It seems Cubed doesn't recognise folder.jpg album art files but you can uncheck a box in the settings to prevent it using the embedded id3 art...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Right I looked into my problem with the artist tags not being read properly. All 32 albums were wma files. Seeing as two separate music players could not read the tags I'm not sure how to solve this. Did nobody else get this problem when they updated?

Looked into it again. It seems froyo has completely broken the wma support. Only solution is to convert to mp3 which I really can't be arsed doing.

Ah that's ****. All my music is in mp3 format anyway so I never came across this...

Advertisement