Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund from Council

Options
  • 15-08-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hope this is in the right part of the forum. Just a quick question to anyone with experience of getting refunds from Co councils.

I've applied to Mayo Co Co. to get a refund of a deposit we paid.
    The deposit was a condition of our planning to ensure no roads were damaged during construction. Well we have completed the house and two months ago I wrote to them to apply for the refund.
    They did reply saying them would get in contact once all checks have been completed.

Does anyone know the average time for these refunds to take place?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its taking a few months for them to send the cash back. Very hard to get money out of them at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭country home

stop stop stop. . . . councils. . .lol

right, here we go. .

in mayo, building, not finished. . . but close. .

at the first fix plumbing stage i wrote in the Mayo coco and said that all heavy construction has been completed and give me my money back . ..
    road was in perfect condition. . apart from the disaster they did themselves when connecting me to the mains water. . but thats another story. .

applied when plumbing first fix,, early july.
    got confirmation letter within a week, saying engineer looking at it.
    rang them last week of Aug, looking for the chq. . . they said yeah, its here,. . .
    got in in post the following day ,, , chq was cut previous week, just waiting for me to call and nag. . . . council has no money. . .

ring a nag. . . . every day. . .ull have it on the second day. .

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Shorty69664

Thanks Guys.

Very interesting "country home".
    Thanks for the info. I'll contact them today and post back the results.

Thanks Again!

Advertisement