Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion about this WWII Iron Cross EK2

Options
  • 15-08-2010 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I would greatly appreciate any opinoins about this Iron Cross. I am not sure if it is genuine or just a well made reproduction.

It has no maker mark.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Moved this into the Militaria forum.Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I believe it looks ok but it is not possible to confirm from those photos.

There is a user on here called Danpatjoe who is a bit of an expert on EKII and he may be able to offer more assistance.

One thing I ususally do is see if it is a one piece construction or not - this is not definitive but if you hold the frame of the medal very firmly and shake it does the centerpiece move at all ? If it does then it is a good sign but as I said probably not definitive.

As an FYI here are some you may want to compare it to :

http://www.militaria-archive.com/ek2/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

Thanks for the kind words Morlar, but I am far from an expert!

I believe that this is a good cross, but I would like to see some clearer pictures of the dates. I have had some crosses in the past which had similar style, low relief dates (or heavily applied paint). These could be late war examples with well worn dies being used resulting in the lack of detail seen here.
    Still, as I said, I would be interested to see some more pictures of the dates to be sure.

Regards - Dan

Advertisement