Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lookin for Hip Hop venue/interviews/radio in Ireland

Options
  • 15-08-2010 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im a Dj from New Jersey i am originally from Ireland i go back every year and i have a close friend that is a up and coming rapper.. well laid out credentials and has the mixtapes and fan base 2 prove it... interested in possibly doin shows.. radio appearances or some type of venue of the sort that I can spin and he can spit... also not too sure on the style of hip hop/rap in Ireland a reply would be great or shoot me an email jcountry00@gmail.com and i will send you a few sites or answer any questions.. press kits if need be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

Hey,I see no one has commented on your post yet..

Um,to be honest,ive noticed places like The Pint seem to be taking on hip-hop stuff,maybe you could just ask for a gig there? drop em in a mix CD or some random tunes youve made and just see what the craic is.
    also,give Crawdaddy a shout,they might let you play there.

You kinda have to be cocky and just walk into somehere and just eb like "here man,any chance of a gig" ha ha.

Thats my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 J Country

appreciate it my G... im tryna just get a broad idea of where 2 go a few places 2 stop cuz im comin over in dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

No worries man,

Also,give the Bernard Shaw pub a bell.
    Thats a nice venue,and that sort of gig would go down there.
    Dj Spinna did the Shaw.

Its a tight venue,real cosy and the crowd there is pretty sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Theres a member on here by the name of Stevie G who runs a club in cork, u cud send him a private message to try get the ball rolling. Also check out a promotion company in Dublin called Choice Cuts who might be albe to do something for ya. U'll find em thru google.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Just kinda on point. Going up to Dublin on Saturday night and which Club/pub be good for hip-hip? Most of the places I been it's the been usual pick & mix of Pop/rock and a little hip-hop mostly chart stuff. Any that's pure Hip-hop? Just so I can bring my metal friends as I always end in Fibbers with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I promote a few gigs here and there.

send me a pm with details and I'll see what I can do for ya can also put you in touch with bigger promoters if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PoppyRowe

Hey J, do you have a myspace or soundcloud and i could maybe have something perfect for you...more on the jazzy/old skool stylez if you're willin...chillin...straight up j dilla'n.

Advertisement