Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh 80!

Options
  • 15-08-2010 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Lo lads.

I've got my main 80. Mindtrap who is geared very well. So recently I decided to level a alt. I'm a hater of leveling, but got on with it anyway.

Anyway, I leveled a 80 mage and I'm currently at that stage where I cannot remember what to do?

I ''need to obtain better gear'' in order to do heroics. But I cba buying crap gear which will be replaced straight away. I also don't want to spend to much gold due to cata coming etc.

Any ideas on what to do?

All help appreicate,

Regards,

Shano

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Grind some normal dungeons to get some starter gear?

Also, even if you are opposed to buying some "crap gear", you can pick up a few pieces of iLvl 200 BoE's for less than 100g at this point - I did that with my Warrior (got a cloak for 15g, and one or two other pieces, totalling about 80g spent) and I just got over the threshold required for Heroics. While it will get replaced quickly, so will just about any entry-level gear you acquire, and it's much faster than doing Normal dungeons if the RNG isn't in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jvfeng

Go for dungeons and battlegrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Do Heroic dungeons. Most other people doing them will have ICC gear and will just be doing their daily. You get your pick of gear. Then buy your full tier 9 with the triumph points. At that point your left with trying to get a ICC raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Do Heroic dungeons. Most other people doing them will have ICC gear and will just be doing their daily. You get your pick of gear. Then buy your full tier 9 with the triumph points. At that point your left with trying to get a ICC raid.
    Did you even read the OP? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

MagicIRL wrote: »
    in fairness, any gear level at level 80 can get straight into heroics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Concentrate on Trial of champions and the ICC normal instances as the best drops are in there. Once you got some decent gear for the HC's farm them as much as possible again do the ICC HC instances and Toc HC for gear drops and get your T9 set as soon as you have the emblems. Then it's just a case of getting some ICC raiding in for gear and frost emblems

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

DRakE wrote: »
    in fairness, any gear level at level 80 can get straight into heroics

Aye, think it was the heirlooms that where fecking me over.

Started doing dungeons etc. Got a few pieces. Just going to gear him through dungeons after that do ToC, then ICC.

Much appreciated for the help folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dont bother getting better gear in order to do heroics.

Just do them. Tank and healer might need some but dps can usually just go straight in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

MagicIRL wrote: »

I did, but I find it hard to believe he can't do any of them. Blues are nearly thrown at you from 76-80.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Just do some Hc's (2 frost and the other ones xD) or Battlegrounds at the weekend For the teir 9 gear
    then do VoA 10 and 25(hardly any gear requirements) each once per week gets you extra 4frost and.. the other badge sorry cant remember it xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Just do some Hc's (2 frost and the other ones xD) or Battlegrounds at the weekend For the teir 9 gear
    then do VoA 10 and 25(hardly any gear requirements) each once per week gets you extra 4frost and.. the other badge sorry cant remember it xD

Getting into VoA can be a pain without a guild as lots of the muppets running the groups/raids insist on you having a certain gear score or already having the acheivement o0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If you're brave, hang in wg and set up your own raid as ye win the zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've yet to do VoA, despite doing WGs all summer long...

Advertisement