Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shift work Calendar

Options
  • 14-08-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was using an iphone up until recently and i had a great app called shift work calendar.

It left me input my 3 week shift pattern, and repeated it for 12 months.

So, is there any app on android that will let me do this? I've been looking but can't find anything. Anyone have one or have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

So should i take it from the 63 views and 0 replies that there isn't an app that will do this on android?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i've no idea on an app for this, but i'd imagine with android app inventor this should be fairly easy to do.

http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just googled it and came across this thread ... two apps mentioned - Shift Calendar and Firehouse Scheduler are both paid apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

could you not just use google calendar with repeating items? and link your google account to the standard calendar on the phone

Mr E wrote:
    I just googled it and came across this thread ... two apps mentioned - Shift Calendar and Firehouse Scheduler are both paid apps.

Yeah i googled it too, have tried looking for both those in the marketplace, but it doesn't find any apps when i do a search.
    could you not just use google calendar with repeating items? and link your google account to the standard calendar on the phone

Tried this already, but it won't display the repetition on the phone, only on the actual calendar on google.

• Advertisement

MiCr0 wrote: »
    i've no idea on an app for this, but i'd imagine with android app inventor this should be fairly easy to do.

http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/

Apparently there's a wait of a few months for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Go in to settings then accounts and sync and make sure that the new calendar is being sync'd. Still only shows up when you click on the day though.

It shows the calendar, but it doesn't show the repetition that i set up, for the shift pattern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 snowy2849

Hi,

there is an app available for the android from MobileRota, google the name and have a look at their website. You have to register but then you can enter any shift pattern in and they will send it to you. I have it on my HTC and use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I just use and excel sheet with my shifts :) so yh would also love an app like this.

• Advertisement

I used to use a card supplied by my employer but this app is so much easier to read, there is a small charge but you do get to try it out for free for a month first.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

snowy2849 wrote: »
    I used to use a card supplied by my employer but this app is so much easier to read, there is a small charge but you do get to try it out for free for a month first.

does it just use the stock google calendar?

No it's a separate app all together, definitely worth a look at.

Advertisement