Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacies in Dungarvan

Options
  • 14-08-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just got back from a couple of days away in Waterford. Spent a pleasant couple of hours wandering around Dungarvan, for some reason noticed that there seems to be two pharmacies on every street.

Does Dungarvan have an unusually high density of pharmacies or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Just got back from a couple of days away in Waterford. Spent a pleasant couple of hours wandering around Dungarvan, for some reason noticed that there seems to be two pharmacies on every street.

Does Dungarvan have an unusually high density of pharmacies or what?

The answer to your question is actually in your own post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

We are all med addicts in Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Perhaps he didn't get to see the whole town and is just wondering if it was just pure chance that he came across every pharmacy in the town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Perhaps he didn't get to see the whole town and is just wondering if it was just pure chance that he came across every pharmacy in the town?

He said that he spent a couple of hours in Dungarvan. Now unless he was walking really, really slowly, I'd say that there's a very good chance that he saw the whole town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I think I've reached the level of excitement I expected to reach when I entered this thread.
    Thank you and good night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Research (aka wiki) has revealed to me that Dungarvan is twinned with Erie, Pennsylvania and that it's most famous son (Ernest Walton) technically wasn't actually born there.

Sounds like quite the place. I'd imagine I'd be on meds too if I lived there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Handy for getting codeine since the new rules came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

bonerm wrote: »
    Research (aka wiki) has revealed to me that Dungarvan is twinned with Erie, Pennsylvania and that it's most famous son (Ernest Walton) technically wasn't actually born there.

He was born half a mile from the towns square in lovely Abbeyside. There is a nice park names after him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Dungarvan is the new Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It's got more bookies than pharmacies tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Renny Barrett

Not at all. For all I know lots of other towns have even more pharmacies per capita/square foot/whatever - I was wondering whether Dungarvan was unusual (or, by contrast, pharmacies everywhere are just as dense but I'd just not noticed before).

I was wondering to myself how they all survive.

Advertisement