Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating 1st Year-questions

Options
  • 14-08-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hey I'm repeating first year just wondering will the timetable be the same as last years one?
    As in is every JF,SF course timetable the same every year?

Also do you think I should bother going to freshers week to meet my new classmates? Will it be a bit awkward? College says I don't have to re-reg till Oct. Do you think it's advisable to do freshers week again??

ta fellow trinity people...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Do you not have repeat exams yet?

Timetables do change from year to year in my experience, but I suppose it depends on the course. I would definitely go to fresher's week and your course orientation meeting, these are going to be people you'll share classes with for the next four years (all going well this time around!).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

snappieT wrote: »
    Do you not have repeat exams yet?

Sorry Naasface, but do you know for certain that you're repeating the year? Haven't you got supplemental/repeat exams? You can find your exam timetable here:

https://www.tcd.ie/Examinations/Timetables/vpexamtimetable.php

I missed one day of freshers week last year, the one with the general orientation meeting thing. Didn't think it would make that much of a difference but it did actually. Even though it won't matter if you miss info as you've already gotten it, it will make it that little bit more difficult to get to know people. I'd say it's worth it to have to listen to stuff you already know for the sake of meeting everyone while they're still in fresher's week "lets make friends" mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

naasface wrote: »
    Also do you think I should bother going to freshers week to meet my new classmates? Will it be a bit awkward? College says I don't have to re-reg till Oct. Do you think it's advisable to do freshers week again??

Since the other questions have been answered.....Yes definitely go meet your classmates if you repeat. You'll have to spend years being around them so you'll have to get to know them. No one is going to know or probably care if you're repeating 1st year. Plus, the more people you know in your class the more help you have when it comes to studying or getting materials.

As for "doing freshers week" I can't imagine what this might entail?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

Hey guys cheers for the replies, yeah I've known I'm definitely repeating got the go ahead from the Snr Lecturer. Repeating cos I had 2 go off books for medical reasons for half of first year and was advised not to sit the exams..

Yeah I think going in for Fresher's Week is a good idea. I'm gonna be soooo nervous though even more so than last year! I'll feel a bit of a k.n.o.b like sitting there listening to where the library and house 6 is when I've been there hundreds of times before ha..

And about 'doing' FW. You know, like going out, joining clubs & socs, the general activities that Fresher's week entails!! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement