Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Ennis to UL

Options
  • 14-08-2010 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'll be moving back to Clare in a couple of weeks so I'll have to get a bus in and out to Limerick everyday from Ennis. I was wondering if anyone has an info on buses from Ennis to UL. Do they do a run a round Ennis town first and head out to UL or will I have to get a bus from Ennis to Limerick and then a city bus out to UL?

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

hi unfoutunly you'll have to get a bus from ennis to limerick bus station then walk to childers road. you'll then have to get the 308 bus to ul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

There is one bus into UL and one bus that leaves UL for Ennis every day.

The one coming in leaves around 7.00am, I think from the station but I don't know for sure as I got it in Clarecastle.

Then the return bus from UL to Ennis leaves at 5pm from the bus stop beside the Java's(the main bus stop in UL)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Sorry for going off topic but is there one from waterford direct to campus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

ryanf1 wrote: »

I am not sure about Waterford. I know that the Ennis one operates on a daily basis because it is the closest college to the Clare area and it is not too far. It would be far more likely that a private operate runs one if one is run.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

ryanf1 wrote: »

yes i beleave eather bus earinn or private opperaters run services to the catchment area around ul every friday evening and sunday night .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

entropic wrote: »
    There is one bus into UL and one bus that leaves UL for Ennis every day.

The one coming in leaves around 7.00am, I think from the station but I don't know for sure as I got it in Clarecastle.

Then the return bus from UL to Ennis leaves at 5pm from the bus stop beside the Java's(the main bus stop in UL)

How's it going? The UL bus leaves Ennis bus station at approx 07.20. It drops you at the bus stop beside Javas (The Scholars). It picks people up there again at 5.00pm Monday to Thursday. It leaves from the East Gate at 5pm on a Friday evening. On a Friday buses leave the east gate at 1.05 and 3.05 for Ennis aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JellyBeana

Awesome, cheers lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

regarding the buses to Waterford. There are bus eireann buses that leave all friday from the east gate, they are quite regular and you can pick up tickets at the Students Union. Getting back on Sunday is a more difficult job, only one bus drops you off on campus - 6.30 bus from the city terminal. All the rest of the buses drop you off in town, which i didnt particularly fancy in first year, since i didnt know anyone. If you are going up with a group of friends, getting a taxi to the campus is pretty reasonable.

JJ Kavanagh have said they were going to start a private service to UL proper, running more regularly, since i was in first year, but no luck yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Hi, anymore info on buses from Bunratty/Shannon to UL,
    Went for the 7.20 one in Bunratty this am but it was full

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

tatoo wrote: »
    Hi, anymore info on buses from Bunratty/Shannon to UL,
    Went for the 7.20 one in Bunratty this am but it was full

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1463587655-343.pdf

It says on the timetable that the bus only goes as far as the train station.

Unless there is another bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dublin Coach go from Bunratty to UL.

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/M7-bus-ennis-tralee-killarney-limerick-dublin-city.php

A 10 journey ticket is 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

YFlyer wrote: »
    http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1463587655-343.pdf

It says on the timetable that the bus only goes as far as the train station.

Unless there is another bus.

You need to go to William street, no more than a 10 minute walk. Cross the road at the station, turn right, go straight down to the end, then go left and the bus stop to UL (304) is on the other side of the street about half way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Gael23 wrote: »
    You need to go to William street, no more than a 10 minute walk. Cross the road at the station, turn right, go straight down to the end, then go left and the bus stop to UL (304) is on the other side of the street about half way down.

Looks like the Dublin coach option is more suitable for tatoo.

Could be waiting for ages at William Street.

Thanks for the replies,
    The Dublin coach head seems the most suitable that I've come across,, I was just wondering were there any other alternatives seeing as it went without ten or more passengers, because of being full, this morning.

Thanks for the replies,
    The Dublin coach head seems the most suitable that I've come across,, I was just wondering were there any other alternatives seeing as it went without ten or more passengers, because of being full, this morning.

Credit where credit is due, Dublin Coach sent two buses this morning at 7.20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Credit where credit is due, Dublin Coach sent two buses this morning at 7.20

Lads, I done my coop with Dublin Coach, they will run extra services if there are enough pre-bookings. If you know you're going to be there at that time you might aswell pre-book as you can guarantee your seat and it's free. If you show up early/late they will still accept the ticket to most times.

Advertisement