Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Blue 10's Twin Pack

Options
  • 14-08-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Are these still around does anyone know? They came in after the 10 packs were banned:confused:
    They were handy in summer time if you just had a pair of jeans and a t shirt on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CabaretKitten

I think they only brought them in cause they couldn't legally sell 10 packs anymore, so to get rid of the stock they just packaged them together..id say they're all well gone by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

they got rid of ten packs to it would be too expensive for schoolkids to buy them in packs of 20. naturally johnny blue would of lost a fortune, being the cigarette choice for kids!!!

anyway, Johnny brought out the twin ten packs so 2 kids can go halves on the packs, (theyre good like that)

"the man" put a stop to that twin pack fairly lively!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,338 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else still ask for 20 Marlboro, 20 JPB, 20 Major etc, even though there is no longer an option of 10 anyway?

It can cause a bit of light confusion, especially with foreign staff who weren't working before the 10s were banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

they got rid of ten packs to it would be too expensive for schoolkids to buy them in packs of 20. naturally johnny blue would of lost a fortune, being the cigarette choice for kids!!!

anyway, Johnny brought out the twin ten packs so 2 kids can go halves on the packs, (theyre good like that)

"the man" put a stop to that twin pack fairly lively!!

And now they can go half on the 20s

THE SYSTEM WORKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cedan

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else still ask for 20 Marlboro, 20 JPB, 20 Major etc, even though there is no longer an option of 10 anyway?

It can cause a bit of light confusion, especially with foreign staff who weren't working before the 10s were banned.

I always did it! Never felt right just saying the name on its own!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Yep, always!! I reassure myself its ok because while you cannot by 10 anymore, you certainly can buy 40, 60, 80 etc etc

So asking for 20 is merely providing clarity :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Always ask for 20, hasn't been any confusion with shop staff though I sometimes wonder why I specify 20. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

I still get asked for 10 smokes !! and the look when you tell them they were banned years ago.
    I also have a pack of ten in my collection still sealed a piece of Irish history right there :o

Advertisement