Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithfield, Ellis quay, is it safe?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    we are looking for somewhere to live and found a gorgeous apartment near Ellis quay for decent rent. Just wanted to check if it was a safe place for youngish females to walk through? I work in the city center and was hoping to be able to walk home from work at about 7ish. Is this possible? I tried Google but couldn't find anything. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

I've lived around the corner from here for 3ish years (female, mid 20s). I walk everywhere and would walk home most evenings between 7 and 9, sometimes along the quays and sometimes through Smithfield. Can't say I've ever had a problem. Its like anywhere else though, mind yourself and don't do anything silly like walk home blind drunk at 2 in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I've lived around the corner from here for 3ish years (female, mid 20s). I walk everywhere and would walk home most evenings between 7 and 9, sometimes along the quays and sometimes through Smithfield. Can't say I've ever had a problem. Its like anywhere else though, mind yourself and don't do anything silly like walk home blind drunk at 2 in the morning!

I could have written this (well not the mid 20s part unfortunately!!!). In fact I've even done silly things like walk home blind drunk at 2 in the morning and I've been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I could have written this (well not the mid 20s part unfortunately!!!). In fact I've even done silly things like walk home blind drunk at 2 in the morning and I've been fine.

Lol, can't say I'm completely innocent on this count either. :o
    Still probably not the best idea though! Taxis are reasonably cheap from Aston Quay if you're made of more sensible stuff than us. :D
    Alternatively theres a few good pubs locally! I recommend Walshes in Stoneybatter at the junction with North Brunswick St.

Advertisement