Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sample structural calcs/work ups/sketches?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any sample structural calculations, work ups or sketches?

I'd really like to get to look at a few of these to give me a better flavour of apply theory to practical problems?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

5 years in Bolton St will sort you out!! :D

You need to get some scheme design books as it's highly unlikely that any engineer will simply hand out calculations/drawings..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭kirving

I'm doing Mechanical Eng. in college at the moment, and although the formulae/medtho may be slightly different to Structural Eng. any examples of loading/bending beams, etc. that we've done in Applied Mechanics so far, would be better explained by a book(as FesterBeatty said) because of the way it's taught.

Much of the sample calculations that are done rely on theory learned in different modules, or in a previous semester, so showing anything relativly complicated and worthwile, will require explaining a large amount of background information.

If you're in Dublin though, Bolton Street Library has a ton of books on all levels of this kind of stuff, and you can just walk in!

Advertisement