Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara Bog wtf?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Tried to find a walk through it with kids yesterday. Is there a recognised path? Couldn't find car park or start of walk. I thought it was a protected area with a recognised walking path through it. I read something about a visitor centre. What for??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Where did you try to get in? You can go on the path from the road down to the railway tracks off the Tullamore Rd at Doory, as far as I can remember, and maybe where the Mass rock is, its signposted. Did u not try the visitor centre? Maybe plan it better next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

bearhugs wrote: »
    Where did you try to get in? You can go on the path from the road down to the railway tracks off the Tullamore Rd at Doory, as far as I can remember, and maybe where the Mass rock is, its signposted. Did u not try the visitor centre? Maybe plan it better next time ;)

Should mention the Visitor centre is at the Clara Library, dunno if it's up and running yet but the librarian might be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Thanks for that. I was told Rahan Rd. Is Doory where that sign "Mass Rock" is?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Is that the bog beside Esker Ridge golf club Clara road. There was a nice walk around there and a house nearby had a guide to the walk. But it's a long time since I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Choochtown wrote: »
    Tried to find a walk through it with kids yesterday. Is there a recognised path? Couldn't find car park or start of walk. I thought it was a protected area with a recognised walking path through it. I read something about a visitor centre. What for??

At the moment there is no official recognised path walk especially "through the protected bog".

Conservation bogs are extremely wet and not suitable for walking so i would suggest you go walking to Lough Boora Parklands which is just 20mins SW of Clara.

http://www.loughbooraparklands.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement