Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Time vs Part Time accreditation

Options
  • 14-08-2010 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Just wonderin about doin Part Time courses @ ITT

All the full time courses are listed as "Bachelor Degree in X" , whereas the Part Time courses are "Bachelor of Science in X" etc

I wanna do computing. It's 3 years full time or Part Time. Part time just has less modules. The cert for Part time is a Bachelor of Science

Is a part time Bachelor of Science still a degree?

I dont get how I could have a similar cert when I only cover half the modules

confused.com!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Anything at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

i think there is a mistake there somewhere, in part time mode a ordinary degree is over a longer period than in full time, I think it could be two extra years in part time.
    So ordinary degree is three years full time, 5 "i think" part time. and at the end you have the same degree. I think computing is a science degree.
    Hope this helps
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I figured it out

Part Time is just spread out because you have to do Work Exp and Project in your own time over the summer after Year 2, whereas they're one semester on the full time course

Cheers :)

Advertisement