Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy of the disappearing conspiracy threads

Options
  • 14-08-2010 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Maybe there is something I don't know about here but ima go ahead with this theory that CTers forum aint worth the database space it could be saved on.

Who kills the older conspiracy theory threads ? I been around here about 6 months, from then until now there has rarely been more than 7 pages of threads in the CT forum. Yesterday there were 8 pages, today it's back to 7 pages. Daily there are several new threads being created, It seems older threads are falling into a black hole or something.
    The after hours forum has 1000+ pages, Unlike this forum, all they do there is talk trivial 8ollox about nothing, like.. CLOSER or VOGUE magazines, big brother, who killed Phil Mitchell Kinda crap...

Examples..
    "is this guy on a boner"
    "your last text"
    "Post your desktop"

And they call us crazy :eek: .

Conspiracy being.. Where are the old CT threads going ? Why does it never get past 8 pages ? If the are being deleted; why ? And why keep the trivial 8ollox from the other forum (1000+ pages) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Well the "Paul McCartney Conspiracy Theory" thread has been going nearly a year.

The older threads are still there, they just get pushed down by the new threads. Once a thread is gone long enough, a new one is generally created in its place (9/11 threads are a good example of this).

We don't get 1000s of pages because this is pretty much a debating forum most of the time and it requires both sides to keep making new points. But there is only a finite information on any topic, so inevitably, people run out of things to say. I guess in general it takes longer to reply to threads in this forum. Both CTers and skeptics alike generally put effort into replying to threads. There are fewer one word answers here than in AH. Talking about if someone has a boner or not doesn't require much effort.

If we had a "Post your desktop" thread we could post indefinitely.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Can't you change the settings to see threads further back than 6 months! you might find your missing threads then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Can't you change the settings to see threads further back than 6 months! you might find your missing threads then!

Like I said, the after hours forum has 1000+ threads. I didn't change my setting to realise that.

RoboClam wrote: »
    Well the "Paul McCartney Conspiracy Theory" thread has been going nearly a year.

The older threads are still there, they just get pushed down by the new threads. Once a thread is gone long enough, a new one is generally created in its place (9/11 threads are a good example of this).

We don't get 1000s of pages because this is pretty much a debating forum most of the time and it requires both sides to keep making new points. But there is only a finite information on any topic, so inevitably, people run out of things to say. I guess in general it takes longer to reply to threads in this forum. Both CTers and skeptics alike generally put effort into replying to threads. There are fewer one word answers here than in AH. Talking about if someone has a boner or not doesn't require much effort.

If we had a "Post your desktop" thread we could post indefinitely.

Yeah I get ya, the Paul thread keeps getting revived. But where do the threads go that are not being revived. CT forum always seems to be 7 pages :S. I know I can use search and find older threads but I cant browse through them...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Yeah I get ya, the Paul thread keeps getting revived. But where do the threads go that are not being revived. CT forum always seems to be 7 pages :S. I know I can use search and find older threads but I cant browse through them...

Ah, I see what you mean. You have it set to only show threads for the last 2 months. You can change that by going here...

http://img651.imageshack.us/f/50037077.jpg/

You should be able to see like 70 pages of threads if you set it to "beginning"!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Like I said, the after hours forum has 1000+ threads. I didn't change my setting to realise that.

More people post in that one! It's not as specific as CT which means more people can contribute thus more threads!

Ah, skin I was using doesn't show that option. Cheers lads.

Mod - Drop this thread into the black hole too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Proof that Conspiracy Theorists put 2+2 together and get 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

But when 4 is found they put up their hand and admit it, this conspiracy theory is a tad simpler than 9/11 for instance, the answers add up and the conspiracy is no longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They keep on searching for the missing 1 though.. rather than just accept that it doesn't exist because that's what they're told to accept =p

hehe

• Advertisement

The after hours crowd are always taking shots at the CT crowd, this was a good opportunity to hit back. :D

As for the 2+2 thing... It would be absolutely ridiculous and moronic to suggest that you found proof to suggest CTrs generally would come up with 5 as I am only one person in a sea of Ctrs :rolleyes:

I think you just put 2 and 2 together and came up with DOH !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

The after hours crowd are always taking shots at the CT crowd, this was a good opportunity to hit back. :D

As for the 2+2 thing... It would be absolutely ridiculous and moronic to suggest that you found proof to suggest CTrs generally would come up with 5 as I am only one person in a sea of Ctrs :rolleyes:

I think you just put 2 and 2 together and came up with DOH !
    yeh, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭Esel

2+2 = Catch 22.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement