Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Legend v HTC Desire

Options
  • 13-08-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I've almost given up all hope of getting my hands on a HTC Desire ... or should that be HTC Despair? :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm torn between waiting for the Desire or buying the Legend. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience of both. As far as I can tell, the Desire is just a souped up Legend.

The main advantages that the Desire has that I know of are the faster processor and the bigger screen. Other than that are there any other major differences that I should know about?

The screen and the processor don't bother me that much as I just don't need that much extra power. I'm new to this whole Android thing, and I'm not likely to be doing anything too complicated with it, probably.

More to the point, I can get a Legend right now, while as I may have to wait another month for a Desire. The question then is: is the Desire worth the wait, and the extra €110?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

If i didnt have an android phone at the moment and had a basic phone to keep me going. Id wait it out till the desire hd comes out. Id say in a few month we will see a few phones with android 3.0 on them,.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have the desire and love it. But if I had to choose bow then I'd pick the Samsung. Over the legend I have a couple if friends with legends and while it us a great phone, the bigger screen and processor make a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

I have the Legend & love it. I was tempted by the Desire but the basic thing that put me off was the actual physical size of it. Call me crazy but I still like my phone to a relatively decent size not the size of a fricking iPod or a Desire. Other than that, the basica advantage of the Desire is that there is a million more apps, ROMS etc specifically developed for it.

Having said all that - the Legend is made from Aluminium. Now that's f*cking cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

squire23 wrote: »
    I have the Legend & love it. I was tempted by the Desire but the basic thing that put me off was the actual physical size of it. Call me crazy but I still like my phone to a relatively decent size not the size of a fricking iPod or a Desire. Other than that, the basica advantage of the Desire is that there is a million more apps, ROMS etc specifically developed for it.

Having said all that - the Legend is made from Aluminium. Now that's f*cking cool.

Desire is big but not too big. Its well built so you can throw it in your pocket with out worrying about it getting scratched or damaged. So the size doesnt really bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I have a G1 and I am waiting till a 3.0 device comes out - maybe in Ireland if I can wait that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

IOther than that, the basica advantage of the Desire is that there is a million more apps, ROMS etc specifically developed for it.

I'm guessing that's a slight exaggeration :D

How much of a difference is there between them in reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

I'm guessing that's a slight exaggeration :D

How much of a difference is there between them in reality?
    A million and one.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

A million and one.

Better question then. You said you love your Legend but does the difference in the amount of Apps and ROMS bother you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I have the desire and love it. But if I had to choose bow then I'd pick the Samsung. Over the legend I have a couple if friends with legends and while it us a great phone, the bigger screen and processor make a huge difference.
    It really does. But it has way too many flaws to be decent. After three days with both a Desire and Galaxy I can see a MASSIVE difference between both in terms of quality. At first I was awed by it's GPU power and the slightly bigger screen but it feels like a cheap iPhone copy. It's software quite literally sucks, it lags almost all the time and there are far too many issues with Touchwiz to talk about. Everything works perfectly out of the box with the Desire. The Samsung just feels like a poorly made iPhone clone in terms of software. Not to mention that the Galaxy S has issues in areas with low coverage. It works as well as the Desire in good coverage areas but anywhere with low coverage it loses signal entirely whilst the Desire manages to stay in service but on -111DBm.

Advertisement