Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cag

Options
  • 13-08-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good brand of CAG to get for sea kayaking? I'm pretty new to it and made the mistake of buying a relatively cheap Gul cag on Ebay which is driving me mad at the neck, come off the water feeling like I've shaved badly. Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Is it just the neck thats causing issue? If its a latex neck seal then thats a problem you are going to get with any Cag that uses a latex neck seal. I have never had a problem (severe enough to bother about) with this so don't really know the best way to go about dealing with it, but I'm sure someone who has will be along shortly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 waterdogadventu

Hi Sprocket.

Check out this:
    http://www.peakuk.com/peakukkit.php?content=jacket&prodid=75

Great cag, they do lighter versions also.
    Cracking bit of kit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Peak cag looks good, Most gear brands do a sea kayaking range these days, Kokatat do a good one too i-canoe.com should have it and palm do one too.

If your big into your sea kayaking get a cag without a latex seal in the neck as the rash you get is irritation caused from the salt water, ive gotten it afew times while surfing for long periods painful stuff and I looked like I had tried to hang myself with the mark round my neck.
    A hood on the cag will make a difference too, spend some time thinking about it and try on some see how they feel.

Advertisement