Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan insurance

Options
  • 13-08-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey, I have bought a ford transit 16 seater mini bus which i'm converting to a campervan. Anyone got any advice re. Insurance etc. I was going to register it as a campervan but the height inside is less than 6ft.
    Was thinking about getting it classsed as a van but not sure where to go to do that.

It all seems so difficult! I just want to be able to start using it!

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

call the vrt office in roslare and get them to advise you the check with Dolmen. But from the sound of it you may end up selling it.

What is the height in side it must be 1.8 M which is 5'10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

The fact that it's a minibus may save you as VRT has already been paid for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

If its irish reg forget vrt its paid.
    If its less than 1.8 meters inside you can't tax it as a camper.
    If its over 1.8 fit 2 ring cooker sink sleeping area and bring it to local tax office. they will inspect it and issue new tax disc as motorcaravan.
    Send 6 pics to Stewarts or who ever and insure it.

Depends on luck. I had mine checked in the motor tax office in kilkenny. I went to inquiries and was told to go to the revenue commisioners so I came back the next week tried again at another counter, and there wasn't a tape measure in sight even though i brought one just in case and no mention of VRT. *Bling* new log book.

Advertisement