Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat Paint

Options
  • 13-08-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have posted this in the boating section but might as well catch the right people here too.

I am doing a renovation on a 17ft lake boat and am looking for good value paint in Co Limerick or Clare. Anybody knows who is the best person to talk to in this area ?

I will have also some Fiberglass and resin to get.

thanks for your Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

When I was doing up my lake boat I used concrete deck paint, very hard wearing and quite non-slip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

BoarHunter wrote: »
    Hello,

I have posted this in the boating section but might as well catch the right people here too.

I am doing a renovation on a 17ft lake boat and am looking for good value paint in Co Limerick or Clare. Anybody knows who is the best person to talk to in this area ?

I will have also some Fiberglass and resin to get.

thanks for your Help

ring burke boats in ballinrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

ok thanks for the advise.

Boat is almost finished now ! Just need to fix the benchs. Will post pics ! so Happy to have it ready for the season !

I used the Toplac and it's good. pricy though ! 27.50 a can ! and i needed 2 per color.

Boat finished !! waiting for a pair of brand new oars and just have to make the Thole pins and i'll be sorted.

I will moore it on Lough Derg for the May season.

Could you tell me what you get onboard for a succesful day out boating ?

From what i can think : rod holders, life jackets, tool box, hats and coolbox. A spare canister of TCW3 mix.

what else ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

For completeness (though it sounds like overkill):
    Mobile phone if reception is ok, VHF if it isn''t.
    Polaroids. Baling bucket. Spare split pin, and sheer pin taped to the engine tiller handle or handy place.
    Spare sparkplug pliers and plug spanner in toolkit.
    Sunblock and midge repellent, unscented soap to clean hands after applying them.
    Lunch!!!
    Some bike lights for after dark when some twat is motoring at full speed nearby.
    Bag of (dry) old clothes in carboot in case of need.
    Floating keyfob (pikefloat with quicklink swivel) to put on important keys if no inner zipped pocket in jacket.

Should I go on? :-)

hopefully will be ready for next week end as there are very nice hatches of Drakes on my river. I hear report of catches on Derg already on the grey wulff. Time to be ready !!

Advertisement