Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hutchinsons 3G Pay as you go Broadband

Options
  • 13-08-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi...

I've had the most frustrating experience with them shower of ....

I am deaf and wear a hearing aid so you can guess that talking to "customer care" was the stressful thing I've ever encountered...

What happened?

I topped up my pay as you go using my laser card for 30 euros, the web page said there was an error, suspicious of it, I went off to CArphone Warehouse to get a topup (20 Euro) and proceeded to put it in and got myself internet access, went to my online bank to check my account, guess what, they swiped 30euro but it didn't show up as cash credit on my pay as you go account.

What ensued...
    A call to the dublin number as per on their website, got promptly cut off, discovered there's another number (for international access from abroad, but ffs, I'm in Limerick), 83 333 3333, menu option 1 was broadband issues, (there was no billing option presented), being calm and explained that I am deaf and not good on the phones, I said the broadband is not an issue, it's the fact that there was "stealing" going on, the girl on the other end backed off completely and transferred me to customer care.
    Blood pressure starting to rise...
    I gave her my account details, explained that am deaf and needed for her to speak clearly, and that their 'topping up' page on their website was broken stating there was an error, all the time, took 30 euros...and wanted to get it back into my account, ... guess what, she then transferred me to another place... (it should be noted, I have no capability to tell their accents were, but ...at this stage this accent , which I gather is indian english... not sure... was incomprehensible to me anyway)... this woman started gabbling at high speed that I had to ask her to slow the **** down and speak clearly as am deaf... more blood pressure starting to rise...

this is frustration of not being transferred etc, but the fact they ignore me explicitly on the arrangement of slowing down to let me catch up with what's being said...she asked for my password to my3's homepage, I gave her the password, remember this, I stated explicitly that its all lowercase, she asked me the same question 5 times for the password, then eventually (I realized she had poor english), even more gabbling from her ensued....I said "whoa whoa, slow down, am deaf..." have said this at least three times to her, I proceeded to speak 'alpha, foxtrot, tango, mars... etc' in the hope that she'd get it... she insisted the password was incorrect in the end, I exclaimed expletives at her and said "yer feckin useless" and promptly hung-up....

GAAAHHHH! :mad:Why the **** do these corporations hire monkeys in the outback of the arse of india to read from a script in incomprehensible english :eek:

Ironically, I am deafer than her, but the reality was that she was DEAFER then me because she ignored my request to slow down at least 3 times, and gave her my password 5 times.....

still not resolved and 30 euro stolen from my laser card... and dare not ring them again as I cannot cope with the phone....grrrrrr.......:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

keep checking your account the last add on i bought took a few hours to even show up on my3 account..if it doesnt then i suppose you could sent them a email or go to their website and explain your situtation it may be easier to resolve it that way cause lets face it the support in mumbai can be hard to understand full stop but you get the od few that you can get your point across to..

go to this page and enter your problem also before you submit it tick the box that says immediate call back from advisors so you can get this fixed as soon as possible

http://www.three.ie/about3/contact3/index.htm

hope this helps you with your problem :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You could pursue it through the bank to get your money refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

jay93 wrote: »
    keep checking your account the last add on i bought took a few hours to even show up on my3 account..if it doesnt then i suppose you could sent them a email or go to their website and explain your situtation it may be easier to resolve it that way cause lets face it the support in mumbai can be hard to understand full stop but you get the od few that you can get your point across to..

go to this page and enter your problem also before you submit it tick the box that says immediate call back from advisors so you can get this fixed as soon as possible

http://www.three.ie/about3/contact3/index.htm

hope this helps you with your problem :D:D
    jor el wrote: »
    You could pursue it through the bank to get your money refunded.

Thanks to jay93, jor el...for your input....

To chase up on this... I've posted the link to this place and the copy of the text from my post and went to the contact3 page as Jay93 pointed out.... :P let's see if that gets their attention and what they have to say....

this is going to be interesting.... will keep you posted!!! Wish me luck! :);)

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Thanks to jay93, jor el...for your input....

To chase up on this... I've posted the link to this place and the copy of the text from my post and went to the contact3 page as Jay93 pointed out.... :P let's see if that gets their attention and what they have to say....

this is going to be interesting.... will keep you posted!!! Wish me luck! :);)

Still no word on it, cash credits are not showing up the amount that was laser'd across.... am angry at them....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Why not just make is easy on yourself and drop into their store in Limerick. Grow up, no one 'stole' your money, there was a glitch in the system. Do yourself a favour and stay calm.

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    Why not just make is easy on yourself and drop into their store in Limerick. Grow up, no one 'stole' your money, there was a glitch in the system. Do yourself a favour and stay calm.

Think about it, if you have limited hearing, and relying on the hearing aid, and having to deal on the phone - that's a nightmare which is what my original posting is about, trying to sort out a glitch on their end and get money into the cash credits...

if you don't understand what's that like and feels like, then quite frankly you need to grow up and realize the limitation for a deaf person like me....and how difficult it is...

I work twice as hard to listen to 'ordinary hearing' people, with so many accents and dialects about, in order to digest and to catch up with what's being said (ordinary hearing people HAVEN'T a clue!), yet those 'ordinary hearing' people dismiss us deaf people like as if we don't exist and that's quite ignorant! I realized it is 'ordinary hearing' people are actually DEAFER than me! the posting also serves a purpose to show there's a lack of facility for a deaf person to try sort it out... some will just walk away and accept their loss of money because they don't know how to communicate on the phone....or having no confidence to face up to someone....and because they are alone, isolated, of course, the consequence of that is they get frustrated and angry at not being able to communicate and get their message across to a ordinary hearing person.....

So Walkman, be glad you have hearing and continue plugging in your mp3's in your ears and play them so loud and blow them up... .then one day you will realize the difficulties associated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

t0mm13bh why did you give them your password?

I do not listen to mp3 but thanks for the advice. I was also in no way putting down how difficult it may have been for you I was however stating a simple fact there was a glitch in their system they did not rob your money and again I suggest you call into their store in Limerick where you can sort it out face to face.

ttm wrote: »
    t0mm13bh why did you give them your password?

@ttm: tbqh, I've no idea why, I could not make out what she was saying - nonetheless, from what I gathered when trying to comprehend her bad english (which was appallingly bad and gabbling :rolleyes:) she insisted on the password for her to get into my3's account so she could check for herself... :confused: I guess.. absolutely no idea and was suspicious of it ..... sigh.... :confused:

Walkman wrote: »
    I do not listen to mp3 but thanks for the advice. I was also in no way putting down how difficult it may have been for you I was however stating a simple fact there was a glitch in their system they did not rob your money and again I suggest you call into their store in Limerick where you can sort it out face to face.

Thanks walkman for your advice - I know it may have come across as a put down but no... I'd rather not let anyone else who suddenly lose their hearing overnight and to go through the rigamorale of what I went through :).... just mind your hearing and do not take 'em for granted ;).... I will go in tomorrow into 3 on Cruises Street to sort it out... :) Cheers, will post back on this to let ye know how it goes... wish me luck!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

If you have trouble on the phone why not go into a shop, send them a email go on live chat. Theres plenty of ways to contact them which would be easier for you and would make your life easier. But to be honest, if you go and say you stole my money of course there going to be pissed off. Its called a glitch. Mistakes happen. Theres a chance the money has already been refunded to your laser or was never taken in the first place just authorised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

@ttm: tbqh, I've no idea why, I could not make out what she was saying - nonetheless, from what I gathered when trying to comprehend her bad english (which was appallingly bad and gabbling :rolleyes:) she insisted on the password for her to get into my3's account so she could check for herself... :confused: I guess.. absolutely no idea and was suspicious of it ..... sigh.... :confused:

Don't ask me why they want your password, they always ask and I always tell them they don't need it and then there's always a pause while they somehow manage to sort the issue out WITHOUT my password.

ffs what sort of support team asks for user passwords:rolleyes:

To follow up on this:
      I went into Cruises Street, and tbqh, the guy behind the counter was extremely helpful and did help me a lot, in what 5 minutes which is all it took for him to pinpoint the problem, and got me to log in to my on-line bank account in the 3's shop (was a bit apprehensive about cookies et al associated with Internet Explorer - ffs!!! :D ) and showed it to him that the laser transaction did happen on my banking record... and agreed with me that it did happen but for some odd reason, the transaction got declined and advised me to call into the bank...
      SO I went to my bank and explained the situation to the customer service and she told me to call back in tomorrow to confirm if it did indeed left my account (she could see that it did happen!) and she said if the transaction did indeed go to 3G (Hutchinsons), I'd have to go back to Three on Cruises Street...

What's your opinion on this? :o

Am I being given the run-around....? :confused:

Either way, that is one very serious glitch that happened!!

Funnily enough it was on Friday 13th..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

If I had to guess I would say the amount was authorised and therefore is frozen and you cannot spend it but it was never taken from you account and will be unfrozen to you bank account in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

These small but annoying glitches happen to 3's system a few times ive only even had two glitches with topping up where the voucher number was put through but add on did not appear in my3..
    rang them and they activated it properly thankfully
    let us know how you get on they are usually helpful when someting like this happens :p

jay93 wrote: »
    These small but annoying glitches happen to 3's system a few times ive only even had two glitches with topping up where the voucher number was put through but add on did not appear in my3..
    rang them and they activated it properly thankfully
    let us know how you get on they are usually helpful when someting like this happens :p

To follow up on this, went to visit my bank and explained to Customer Service and she checked it out for me, the transaction was declined and the amount was reinstated into my bank account instead.... w00t w00t :D

the moral of the story - don't use the top-up on-line facility on My3 home-page....:rolleyes:

To follow up on this, went to visit my bank and explained to Customer Service and she checked it out for me, the transaction was declined and the amount was reinstated into my bank account instead.... w00t w00t :D

the moral of the story - don't use the top-up on-line facility on My3 home-page....:rolleyes:

Glad it's sorted :)

Advertisement