Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quick boast

Options
  • 13-08-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Just posting with a quick boast... and also for any fans who haven't heard about it yet but are in the country.

Sage Francis is touring Australia in October-ish of this year (at least, that's when the Brisbane gig is). The gig is in the Step Inn which unfortunately isn't the good Step Inn in back in the old country but it's a good start.

B.Dolan is supporting which is also awesome.

Got the ticket during the week. Going on my own though cos the missus can't stand him and my only other mate over here who likes him has to go to a wedding that night.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A bit jealous, they where touring Europe as well but skipped Ireland.

B.Dolan also played here earlier in the year with Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobious Pip but i missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

He always skips Ireland but don't woory Scroobius Pip has never been to Oz at all - but I'm trying to start a fanbase. I saw him twice back in Dublin though, his gig in Crawdaddy and the one in the Music Centre where Messiah J supported.

I think I've a post in Alt/Indie about Scroobius putting me and a few mates on the guest list for the Crawdaddy gig. I met him in the bar of that hotel by the bleeding horse and just congratulated him on selling out the gig, saying I'd hoped to get a ticket but I'd catch him the next time. He took the four of us' names and said he'd get us in. And when we finally drank the balls to go and see if he had, he'd put the four of us on the list.

I'm sorry I didn't approach him sooner though becasue he seemed like a really nice and humble guy. Just what you'd expect from his lyrics and a good chat would have been amazing.

I saw him out standing in front of the stage watching Messiah J before he went on for his next gig I went to and he really seemed to remember me and the whole situation.

He also told a mate that night that one of his best moments was Sage posting on his MySpace page to say he really liked his stuff.

I'll bring the ould phone to the gig but I can't promise to get much if anything recorded, I'll be too busy enjoying myself. If I do get anything I'll post/link to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pip is a really nice, genuine guy. I 've had some mails back and forth with him in the past.

I heard that about his contact with Sage, it's really worked out well for them stateside with thier distribution on SFR and touring there too.

I've just been checking the dates for the European leg, i'll be in Germany soon but i'm going to miss them there by a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I was thinking of going to see B. Dolan in Limerick but I hate Scroobius Pip so I said I'd skip it.

Advertisement