Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sadly Why Snowtopia wont work in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Would be great to have a facility like that, but it needs a huge, and wealthy, population to sustain it. But not too wealthy, or they would just spend all their time in the real mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah that story doesn't surprise me all that much. For me, even if there was a snowdome within 10 miles of me its unlikely I'd go more than 3-4 times a year.

I've been to the one in Milton Keynes and although they are fun for a while the short runs soon get to you and it all becomes too much like hard work for little fun.

They are great for learners though but the only problem there business wise is that you can only teach people once.

Advertisement