Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCabbi - testers needed

Options
  • 13-08-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭

I cleared this with a mod, a similar thread is open in Apple Media Devices but it would be great to get some actual developers to test the app.

iCabbi is an iphone app for booking taxis. It uses the GPS chip on your phone to get your address. You can view all taxis in the area and once booked can track your taxi as it approaches. You get a push notification when the driver is outside (in case you closed the app). It adds security (drivers are vetted and every fare is recorded and a summary of the trip is emailed to you), it is more efficient (closest taxi to customer gets the fare), and it is very handy in the suburbs or areas you are not familiar with or even if it's raining outside and you don't want to hail one on the street.

We're looking for 50 test users to try it out. We will have 50 drivers around dublin with the driver application and we've instructed them to give 20% off the meter for the duration of the test period.

If you are interested in being one of the first users and helping out please PM me your UDID number for your iphone. We need this as the app is still in development.

I'll send you a download link and I'll PM you the test times (we're thinking outside business hours as we're recruiting drivers 9-5) but I'll confirm with you via PM.

Thanks,
    ocallagh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Not interested in testing, as I'm a low-volume taxi user, but this is a great idea. I hope it goes well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Like cgarvey, a low-volume taxi user, but happy to help if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Plebs

20% off driver income in an already saturated market? How much lower will you make drivers go?

Sounds like you want to facilitate a race to the bottom.

Are you a registered taxi dispatch company?

Advertisement