Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS offers?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have been offered a conditional offer at a college in England and I was just wondering does anyone know when I find out if I have gotten the place at that college? Is it the day of the A-level results?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

http://lmgtfy.com/ do that any now after the news today i have to repeat so dont bust about your collge crap because i dont need that today

Jealous much? What has that got to do with the OP?

As far as I know, it is shortly after the results, and even before the CAO offers. As far as I know, you have to send a letter / email to UCAS, telling them your results as they are not automatically updated. Even if you choose to take a CAO course and not go with UCAS, you still have to tell them this.

I'm not sure about this. There doesn't seem to be a date listed on the website, so maybe different universities offer places at different times, and it isn't all centrally based like CAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Leah6

Sarah93, you don't need to notify UCAS. The results of the Leaving cert are communicated to them straight away. You just sit back and wait to hear from UCAS via e-mail first, followed by a letter a few days after the LC results. What university do you have an offer from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

http://lmgtfy.com/ do that any now after the news today i have to repeat so dont bust about your collge crap because i dont need that today

Infraction given; any other rude and unhelpful posts will get one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Leah6 wrote: »
    Sarah93, you don't need to notify UCAS. The results of the Leaving cert are communicated to them straight away. You just sit back and wait to hear from UCAS via e-mail first, followed by a letter a few days after the LC results. What university do you have an offer from?

I applied through UCAS last year, and while it says on the UCAS site that they automatically get Leaving Cert results it seems they actually don't, best to scan them in and e-mail it to the uni, OP. You'll be a few days waiting, and you'll get an e-mail once Track has been updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Leah6

Most of the universities in the UK specifically request that you do not e-mail/phone them with results. If you've met the conditions of your offer, your place is automatically confirmed in the system and you will receive notification in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sarah93

Leah6 wrote: »
    I've received a conditional offer from Royal Holloway, part of the Unversity of London. Just hope I get the grades I need, which are an A2 B3 B3 B3 C3 C3 all at higher level, which isn't too bad...

Advertisement