Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solidworks on a mac

Options
  • 12-08-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I know there is a similar tread for autocad, but I am thinking of getting a mac book pro and was wondering does anyone use solidworks on a mac and how does it fair out? It's solidworks 2010 (the education version issued to schools for design and communication graphics, I'm a teacher wombats the full version)

Any help would be much appreciated as I also
    Want a mac due to it's video editing capabilities

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Don't think you will get a native mac version. How about using Windows virtualisation software on your mac? Parallels or Bootcamp? (requires Windows OS license).
    I have used Windows versions of CAD software on my MBP this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Turbo Turtle

Cheers for that, had a feeling you would have run through windows on it. Any idea if the graphics cards on the mac book would be good enough somas to run it with no problems, had a look on the solidworks website but no mention of the mac bookmpro graphics cards, but since a lonof designers seem to use macs I'd say they are more than enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I have Solidworks on a macbook pro and an imac. Its running through bootcamp with windows xp.
    You shouldnt have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Turbo Turtle

nice one, thats all i needed. just wasn't sure if the graphics cards would support it cause on my last dell it was crap for solidworks would keep freezing and when you got it working when you tried rotating objects they turned into sqares!!

Advertisement