Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going blind

Options
  • 12-08-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm set to start work on a friend's music video soon enough and one of the ideas was to have the two 'characters' go 'blind' at one stage. What I mean by this is the typical eyes turn white.

I've rattled my brain on how to achieve this effect in editing (I use Adobe Premiere BTW, CS4 as my computer can't handle CS5), but can't come up with a solution.

Does anybody have any ideas on how this could be effectively achieved.

Cheers,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

If you have After Effects this may be of use to you....

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/eye_replacement/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Might be easier, less time consuming and more convincing to get the actor to wear coloured contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Might be easier, less time consuming and more convincing to get the actor to wear coloured contacts.

You still have the same effect to run since the shot is showing the eyes turning white.

@Splinters; that looks interesting. Will take a proper look later.

Advertisement