Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the latest you should apply for the BTEA?

Options
  • 12-08-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I found out I'm entitled to the BTEA. I've the form here at home ready to be filled out but the only problem is that asks which college/course you're going to.

I plan on doing sports fitness and nutrition and I've applied to Drogheda institute of further education and also Sallynoggin in Dun Laoighre. Both pretty much the same course. Now I've done the interview and got word back that I've been offered a place in Drogheda but my interview for Sallynoggin isn't untill the start of September (very late I know). I would prefer to take the course in Sallynoggin should it be offered to me but I wont know till maybe the second week in September. Would that be too late to apply for the BTEA?

Thanks for the help.

Duff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

I found out I'm entitled to the BTEA. I've the form here at home ready to be filled out but the only problem is that asks which college/course you're going to.

I plan on doing sports fitness and nutrition and I've applied to Drogheda institute of further education and also Sallynoggin in Dun Laoighre. Both pretty much the same course. Now I've done the interview and got word back that I've been offered a place in Drogheda but my interview for Sallynoggin isn't untill the start of September (very late I know). I would prefer to take the course in Sallynoggin should it be offered to me but I wont know till maybe the second week in September. Would that be too late to apply for the BTEA?

Thanks for the help.

Duff.
    It may be, apply anyway and send the offer from Drogheda, at least that way you will be approved. You will need another letter from the College when you start the course confirming registration. I know all of the courses in DIFE Drogheda are almost full.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Yeah I've accepted the course in DIFE. So say if I apply with the offer from Drogheda and I'm approved and I end up going to Sallynoggin, would I be able to send the registration letter from Sallynoggin and receive the BTEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Duff wrote: »
    Yeah I've accepted the course in DIFE. So say if I apply with the offer from Drogheda and I'm approved and I end up going to Sallynoggin, would I be able to send the registration letter from Sallynoggin and receive the BTEA?

I dont think it matters where you do the course as its the same criteria, to be sure however phone the BTEA section and explain your situation and take the name of the person you speak to.

I went to DIFE last year, did not do the same course, but the lads who attended seemed to have a great crack.

Advertisement