Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does it determine who is favourite?

• 12-08-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭

So I ended up having quite a long game which I eventually won as my opponent said he was bored (I think i just killed all his drones and he knew I was coming to finish him off).

After the game i checked his division and he was in platinum with about 50/50 win loss ratio. I however am in silver division. Ok no problem, happy to have played a platinum player. I then checked and i only got 8 points for winning as the match was "even". How does that work? He's in platinum and i'm in silver. Surely as he has been placed in a higher division the system must think he's a better player yet when the game started it didn't.

Confuzzled. Any one have any insight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think the whole thing is going to be skewered for a while atleast. When things settle down people will get put into appropriate leagues and proper matches played.

It would take atleast 50-100 games to ascertain the skill of a player, not 5 placement games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Everyone has an amount of points which is irrespective of division.
    The favouritism is based off that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It's a pretty weird system, I've seen reports of both players getting told the other player is favoured and people losing more points to people rated way higher than them than people close to their points. I guess there might be a hidden ranking determined by win/loss ratio or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gybe

Afaik it's a pretty simple formula, something along the lines of current points * league. Points at lower league are worth less than those of a higher league.

There is an interesting feature if you have a good win ratio though, it always tries to match you up with someone favored. So there can be times if you're paired up with someone with similar stats/points that you both appear favored on each others screen.

Advertisement