Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticum and Cyfra+ Problem

Options
  • 12-08-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I bought an Opticum hd x402p and I already had a Cyfra+ card but there is a problem the receiver does not recognise the Cyfra+ card.When I put the card into the receiver it says "Slot 1: Unknown Card" and the cyfra channels do not become visible and are still encrypted. When I go into the menu it says that there is no card in the card slot and when I take the card out a the message comes up "Card removed Slot One" . I tried the same with my al jazeera card and the same thing happened. Altough when I used my Digitalb card it comes in the menu and tells you the subscription details etc.

I bought the receiver of Satsklep and the receiver is able to read Cyfra+ cards because it said on their website the receiver was compatible with Cyfra+.

Does anyone know what the problem might be or any possible way of fixing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Try turning it the other way round,you might have to leave it in a while for it to activate

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭sob1467

Thanks for the reply fish fingers but I turned the receiver upside down and it still doesn't read the card. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Take the card out and turn the card upside down and put it in and not the receiver!

Superfin wrote: »
    Take the card out and turn the card upside down and put it in and not the receiver!

It couldnt be that;)

It couldnt be that, could it?

• Advertisement

It couldnt be that, could it?

Eagerly awaits original posters reply ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The Opticum may need a firmware upgrade to make the card reader multicypt. They are usually conax only to start.

Sorry Superfin but I don't understand what you mean (I'm a bit thick) do you mean put the card upside down into the receiver?

sob1467 wrote: »
    Sorry Superfin but I don't understand what you mean (I'm a bit thick) do you mean put the card upside down into the receiver?
    Yep , try the card upside down and dont put yourself down like that! Leave it on the Cyfra+ channel for a few hours and as a psoter mentioned above you may need a firmware upgrade

Yes, Try the card chip to back but either up or down, sometimes the card readers are at the top, sometimes at the bottom!

• Advertisement

I've just tried putting the card in upside down and it still doesn't read it so I will now go look for the newest firmware.

http://www.sat-ulc.eu/local_links.php?catid=2248

It will be here somewhere, use google chrome to translate

This forum may be better as its English

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=168943

Thanks all for your help. I got the card working (roll on tomorrow for the premiership!:)) Satsklep sent me the software that was needed and the receiver now works perfectly. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks all for your help. I got the card working (roll on tomorrow for the premiership!:)) Satsklep sent me the software that was needed and the receiver now works perfectly. Thanks again for all your help.

Well in lad, enjoy. Did you turn your receiver the right way round?

Well in lad, enjoy. Did you turn your receiver the right way round?
    No I just had to install the latest firmware on it and Bobs your uncle.

No I just had to install the latest firmware on it and Bobs your uncle.

Leave it upside down sure,go against the grain.

Advertisement