Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloughan Farm and Gift Shop Abbeyshrule

Options
  • 12-08-2010 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone heard of it. Looking for somewhere to get food for a party. Heard they do nice cakes and party food. Can anyone recommend somewhere to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

Never heard of that place in abbeyshrule, But iv went to the gallery cafe before for cakes and party food, they dont really do big groups tho, the food it lovely.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

They do excellent cakes - we got one for our daughter's christening and it was fabulous.
    They also do catering type food - IIRC about 50 euro for 6 people.
    Actually - they have a website (just did a google) here with all prices : http://www.cloughanfarmandgiftshop.com/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bodearg

Thanks for the replys. I actually went out to the shop at the weekend to see for myself what they do. I got a gorgeous sponge cake and lovely homemade brown bread and Rhubarb and ginger jam. They had a big birthday cake on display that was ordered and it look fab with loads of fresh cream and fruit. Going by what I tasted think I will call out again to see about getting food for my party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Where in Abbeyshrule are you located?
    There is a very small sign on the road in from Legan but nothing after that. I pass through Abbeyshrule often and haven't seen the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bodearg

They are not in the village of abbeyshrule. As it is a farm shop it is in the country. I just looked up their website and there is a map on it for directions. http://www.cloughanfarmandgiftshop.com/cloughan-location.php?PHPSESSID=812b9387538bae90ab612162808439c2When I went at the weekend I went through Ballymahon out the Mullingar road and followed the signs for Abbeyshrule. I turned left off the main Ballymahon Mullingar road and it was a few minutes down the road. I did not have to go into the village at all. If you like nice homemade food I would recommend a visit. Im going back myself this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement