Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything other than a maintenance grant?..

Options
  • 12-08-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I've been accepted for the Maintenance Grant and the special sum of money also.

Thing is, I'm studying in the UK for my second year but I won't have any cash to start me off with getting a house, food for 1 - 2 months and bills as the grant usually comes fairly late.

Is there anything I can get as I don't really want to get a loan as I already will have to owe about 4000 pound when I finish for fees and thats a lot of money for me.

I can't really ask my parents for cash neither as they're struggling themselves.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A loan from the credit union is kind of the only option

In Irish Unis they have the student assistance fund but it may be completely different in UK so maybe contact your Uni and ask if they anything similar

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Alright thanks, you've been stalking me today :D.

Thanks for your help :).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nah just trying to reply to all the student finance queries and make sure that accurate answers are given ;)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement