Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British campaign stars

Options
  • 12-08-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where I can get an original Air Crew Europe Star or the Pacific Star?
    without spending a fortune of course. thousands of them were issued. prices can vary greatly from dealer to dealer. with the Atlantic Satr for example I was quoted 60 Euro in one place and bought it for 30 in another.

there are of course restrikes for example
    http://www.arbeia.demon.co.uk/srs/collect/medals/medals1.htm
    but i do not know if they would look so good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I normally only buy original medals, but was anxious to complete my collection of campaign stars so I ended up buying them from www.awardmedals.com

the quality is good, indeed carry them around in your pocket a while and tranish tehm suitably and they would be hard to tell apart from the original.

I also bought the service medal for Northern Ireland and the clasp had 'copy' printed on the back.

any reason why this is not the case with the WW2 museum quality restrikes?

Advertisement