Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lad that works in DCUFM?

Options
  • 12-08-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

This is a complete long shot, but anyway.

A wee while before the end of the last college year, I got a taxi home, realised that I only had a fifty euro note, and the taxi man wouldn't give me change. I legged it into the sports centre to ask Oleg or someone where I could get change, and he told me to go to the multi-storey carpark. As if. So there were two lads standing chatting inside the door, and although they didn't have enough change, one really nice guy gave me a fiver and told me I could give it back the next day to the DCUFM office, and leave it under one of the speakers or something, cos he worked there.

Being a complete eejit, I completely forgot about it, and had forgotten both the guy's name and which speaker he said to leave it under, and now I feel really bad, even tho it's only a fiver.

So...yeah, does this ring any bells for anyone?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

Can you even remember what he looked like vaguely?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That was me!*

*May not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Em...he was pretty tall, dark hair I think. I'd say I'd know him if I saw him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I know a guy who fits the description. However an act of generosity is not something I'd expect from this particular individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

He didn't have tall dark hair by any chance did he?

• Advertisement

Yeah? What's his name?

And no, the hair wasn't tall...bit on the short side as I remember!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

Sounds like yer man Denis. Will definitely be in the radio station next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Sounds like yer man Denis. Will definitely be in the radio station next year.

I'm sure he'll be willing to take the money regardless of whether or not it actually was him involved in the incident.

Denis, eh? The name doesn't ring a bell, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything...haha would he really be that hard up for a fiver that he'd pretend to be my knight in shining armour?

...Actually, I probably would for a free fiver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DCU Fm Manager

It was indeed me, but you needn't worry about repaying me, you're grand. I had completely forgotten about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Benny Lava wrote: »
    I know a guy who fits the description. However an act of generosity is not something I'd expect from this particular individual.
    Benny Lava wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll be willing to take the money regardless of whether or not it actually was him involved in the incident.
    It was indeed me, but you needn't worry about repaying me, you're grand. I had completely forgotten about it.

Fair play to you Denis.

Benny you either have a massive chip on your shoulder and/or you're mistaken if you think you know him well. He's proved you wrong anyway.

I'm going to close this now that it's been resolved. The two of you can PM each other if you want to sort out something yourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement