Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on price of Camera

Options
  • 12-08-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I would appreciate your assistance with this. I have been asked to sell a Nikon FG SLR in excellent condition with 5 lenses, I will get the lens models later tonight but just wondering what the camera would be worth, with or without the lenses. I know there are 2 telephoto lenses and 3 others.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Looking on ebay at the moment for the camera alone your looking at 60 - 90 euro maybe. If you sold it with all the lenses(based on what models and how good they are) Id say maybe 150 - 200 euro.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedubguy

dazftw wrote: »
    Looking on ebay at the moment for the camera alone your looking at 60 - 90 euro maybe. If you sold it with all the lenses(based on what models and how good they are) Id say maybe 150 - 200 euro.

Thanks for the guide, as I said I will get the models of all the lenses later tonight but I do know that they are in great condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

thedubguy wrote: »
    Thanks for the guide, as I said I will get the models of all the lenses later tonight but I do know that they are in great condition.

Important things you have to know to price these things ...
    Firstly whether or not it's actually a nikkor or not.
    If it IS a nikon, then whether it's pre-AI, AI converted (and if so then with the official nikon conversion kit or some hacksaw job), AI, AIS, or some AF variant (unlikely if someone has picked it up for their FG)
    Whether it's a series E or not,
    Then just the usual, focal length, max F/stop.

Advertisement