Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Fishing in Kenmare for the Weekend

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm heading down fishing to Kenmare for the weekend and have a few questions.

Does anybody know the name of some good lakes for brown trout?

When I was down last time most of the angelrs were using bubble floats in the lakes. I have a rough idea on how to put together the the setup for this type of fishing, but could somebody give me a quick summary of how to put the bubble onto the line and then how to attach the hooks, what sort of knot is best for this?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The lake your thinking of is probably lough fadda, a stocked fishery about 15 minutes from Kenmare. There are no brownies in it, just rainbows. Get your permit in the angling shop in Kenmare €15 and you can keep 4 trout. There are a nice size too this year.

All the mountain lakes down that direction will have small wild brownies. If you have the time do some exploring. Lough Carragh should provide nice size trout if the weather is on your side, and you don't mind the spin, but you'll need to rent a boat to get out on it.

RE : Bubble setup. Pass the main line through one side of the bubble and back in the other. Attach mainline then to a swivel and about 15 inches of line other side of swivel to hook. Fill the bubble with water.

Advertisement