Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im trying to buy an app but i can't

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

i have a htc desire. it's o2 ireland branded but factory unlocked. i usually use a vodafone ireland sim in it.

i put a vodafone uk sim into it so i could buy some apps. i connected to my home wifi. i load up the market. i search for switchpro. i click buy. then i get a popup about "add a google account" so i pick the sign in option and put in my google checkout account details. it seems to just loop this process though and at the end it lets me sync calendars, contacts, gmail and then brings me back to the page where i have the buy button.

can anyone help out with this please? am i missing something obvious?

thanks

+++ edit
    i have googled a bit and it's suggesting a google apps account will cause this behaviour. surely if checkout works with the username/pass on my pc it should work on the android?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Random wrote: »
    i have a htc desire. it's o2 ireland branded but factory unlocked. i usually use a vodafone ireland sim in it.

i put a vodafone uk sim into it so i could buy some apps. i connected to my home wifi. i load up the market. i search for switchpro. i click buy. then i get a popup about "add a google account" so i pick the sign in option and put in my google checkout account details. it seems to just loop this process though and at the end it lets me sync calendars, contacts, gmail and then brings me back to the page where i have the buy button.

can anyone help out with this please? am i missing something obvious?

thanks

+++ edit
    i have googled a bit and it's suggesting a google apps account will cause this behaviour. surely if checkout works with the username/pass on my pc it should work on the android?

you may be able to buy via appbrain....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I had a similar problem when creating my account on the phone for an initial purchase (same app even). Instead, I manually created my google checkout account on a computer it then worked fine on the phone.

I even used a ROI address.

Can you log into your google checkout account on a computer and see if there are any settings that might need to be "reset"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I remember doing this with an American sim a few months ago (I have since lost that sim so I can't test it now) but once I started the phone and put in the sim pin number, I immediately got a notification saying that the sim didn't correspond to my login and it prompted me to login again. Once I did that, I was able to use market without a problem.
    Maybe if you sign into gmail/google before browsing the market, it might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I use an american SIM and every time i switch sims I have to sign into my google account, once that's done i can buy app without a problem. (although I do also have an american credit card and address which may help matters)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

are you guys all using google apps?

i can access http://checkout.google.com without issue with my random@mydomain.com google apps address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Not on Google apps yet for deve, but I have logged into it with my same login as checkout. I.e standard me@gmail.com

Advertisement