Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Nursing Course in GTI

Options
  • 11-08-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi
    All going according to plan, I'll be starting this course in september. I'm looking for someone who has already done this one year course to give me a booklist if they might have one. I have very little money and want to have things got in advance while I can.
    Also I'm a mature student and am wondering if there are any other mature students going for this course this year.
    Oh also, where is a good place to live for access to Fr. Griffin Rd. either by bus or on foot? :confused:

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

If you want to like REALLY close sliverstrand park/road is really handy, usually a few rooms there for rent this time of year. Any city centre location is good because gti is literally 3 mins over the claddagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I didn't do it but one of my bestfriends did and is now a qualified nurse. She loved it, hard work but was a great start. Between GTI and GCC in Galway there are loads of ways to get into college, not to mention the other secondary school business/I.T. courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Delph

i just rang gti and they said that theyre still taking applications for that course so now im curious as to how hard it was to get a place (question for OP) and what application process you had to go through. I'm slightly insecure because I applied to an board altranais for their psychiatric nursing BA and didn't get it so any help or encouragement would be much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Andrea88

interviews are next week so applications are probably closed friday.
    but who knows,maybe ring them back and find out what is the deadline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jhanniffy

Did this last year - Lovely course.

No book list - though during the year some may be advised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 flora 86

i wanna know everything about nursing in gti,please help

• Registered Users Posts: 10 O Ro Wizard O

Look I'll be totally honest with you. Finding out information about anything is hard work!! Nobody wants to tell you everything but if you find out something yourself and then keep asking specific questions around it people will tell you stuff. Tell me everything, is a big job for anyone to get into!
    When I was in your position I was so frustrated that all this information wasn't at hand on one page (so to speak!).
    So, if I ever get the time I'll start into it! Doubt I'll ever have the time though!
    Just keep asking questions and keep looking in reliable places. Talk to people, hear what they have to say, then check it out yourself! Some people talk through their backside but have the right idea. Its just up to each of us to read up on it and make our own minds up.
    Honestly, Im in second year of adult nursing in the UK now and that is all we have done all year, critiquing articles....reading something, picking out the good and the bad bits and believing the stuff that is backed up by others! Its more like an English course this year. Still class though so keep goin! But know that it is a lot a lot a lot of work! If you are prepared to do it, go for it with everything that you have!
    Best of luck to everyone who decides to go for it!
    I would thoroughly reccommend working hard in GTI too. It seriously helps with 1st year of the degree course!!! :)

Advertisement