Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunfire.pl anyone shopped there?And importing accessories

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

hey, just wondering has anyone bought anything from http://gunfire.pl/ , if so, tell us what you experienced (quality, service ect)

Also i was going to buy some magazines and things like that. i just wanted to make sure am i allowed to? I know there is some law about importing Airsoft aeg's. Basically if someone could tell me if i could import :

AEG's
    and
    AEG accessories (magazines ,slincers ect)

And i know i will not get caught with tax because Poland is in the eu.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bigben121

sorry mods i cant change the title and put in discussion. My mistake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

at the moment you can still import aeg as the new restrictions are not yet being enforced, the only restriction is still the one joule rule

so you can import aeg and accessory's, just make shore the aeg is under a joule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Yes, once it's under 1 joule of energy you can import both the AEG and Accessories. In the future, this will not be the case, but for now, you can import both, once it complies to the under 1 joule rule

J.D.R wrote: »
    Yes, once it's under 1 joule of energy you can import both the AEG and Accessories. In the future, this will not be the case, but for now, you can import both, once it complies to the under 1 joule rule

ok, i thought from the 1st of jan you could not.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the whole bill came into effect on the 1st jan this year but the import section is not being enforced at this time, things like the licensing system will need to be in place before they can enforce the personal import ban, the import ban is only a small part of the bill a lot of other sections are being enforced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

bigben121 wrote: »
    hey, just wondering has anyone bought anything from http://gunfire.pl/ , if so, tell us what you experienced (quality, service ect)

Also i was going to buy some magazines and things like that. i just wanted to make sure am i allowed to? I know there is some law about importing Airsoft aeg's. Basically if someone could tell me if i could import :

AEG's
    and
    AEG accessories (magazines ,slincers ect)

And i know i will not get caught with tax because Poland is in the eu.

Thanks in advance

We buy regularly. The service is very good.
    The shipping is so, so, but it's UPS and it's reliable.
    You're in zone 5 when you're working out your orders.
    They do downgrade, but you have to request it as it doesn't come as a standard. Cost depends on model.

If you're buying BB's just watch the shipping cost, because BB's hurt the wallet.

We buy regularly. The service is very good.
    The shipping is so, so, but it's UPS and it's reliable.
    You're in zone 5 when you're working out your orders.
    They do downgrade, but you have to request it as it doesn't come as a standard. Cost depends on model.

If you're buying BB's just watch the shipping cost, because BB's hurt the wallet.

hi thanks but what is zone 5 and how do you request a downgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

bigben121 wrote: »
    hi thanks but what is zone 5 and how do you request a downgrade?

Ireland is in zone 5. I'd email them first to find out the shipping cost.
    It used to be in the region of 20 - 30€ for an aeg, mind you that was 2+ years ago. Things have probably changed since then.
    To request a downgrade, ask in the instructions box at the time of ordering. They're very easy to deal with. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

I used gunfire.pl just once and haven't had any problems. Though their prices aren't really that great.

I recommend www.specshop.pl for high quality stuff and www.taiwangun.com for cheaper gear. By the way: Taiwangun charge only 40 eu for parcels up to 30 kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Used to buy a lot of stuff off them. They were excellent - and I'm sure they still are- but the massive range of springer gear/LPEGs they sold had dwindled over the past 6 months to a trickle, which is a shame. Got a lot of awesome wall hangers off them....

• Advertisement

Used to buy a lot of stuff off them. They were excellent - and I'm sure they still are- but the massive range of springer gear/LPEGs they sold had dwindled over the past 6 months to a trickle, which is a shame. Got a lot of awesome wall hangers off them....

ye but like 90% of there stuff is out of stock, u got any other good shops within the eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Jalaldin

Don't order from that company. I had bad experience with them.
    I bought an umarex airsoft gbb gun from them for the discount price given.
    But they refused to sell me and made me pay full price which I refused.
    Other than that the money that was refunded was less than what I paid.
    I would not recommend that company to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

Had numerous great experiences with Gunfire.pl myself, bought two guns recently and both were downgraded adequately.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭T.C.

Sorry if this is necro-posting, but for what it's worth I've done about 8 orders with gunfire.pl and never had an issue. Their sales are worth keeping an eye out for, and they frequently have good items in stock that are relevant to me. Sure, it isn't a superstore like eHobby, but then I buy from multiple sources.

They also now offer a free downgrade service for AEGs, and I've always found the delivery service from GLS (which is often free) to be good, especially the way that they deliver out-of-hours when I'm actually home.

Advertisement