Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for a pool table?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I wanna get a pool table (9ft x 4ft), I can't put it in the attic cause its not big enough so was thinkin about getting a shed out the back to put it in.

I've no experience so building it myself is outta the question so was thinkin could anyone offer any advice on what type of shed would be best (wooden, concrete, garage etc..)

I was working it out and the shed would have to measure 5metres x 4metres to give room for the cue etc. What type of money would a shed of that size cost?

any help is grateful

thanks

p.s if anyone feels they'd wanna take the job pls pm me:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I believe a concrete floor would work out best as a timber floor could be 'springy' and that wouldn't work out too well for a pool table.

You could get a 20 sq m shed built for under €6,000 by pouring the base and erecting a steel bought shed over this. You could also spend €15,000 on a purpose built insulated shed with electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

my max budget would be 4k:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

price%20garages%20and%20workshops%20001.jpg

I found this as a price guide but you would have to put in your own base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I just can't help saying this...

Ya must love pool to buy a table and then spend a €4K budget on a shed to keep it in...

Since I was a kid I'v loved snooker and pool and always wanted my own table. This is something I always wished for:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SRV

Hi Dylan, i agree its a great game....skill, intelligence and coordination needed,

i spotted this ad on done deal and wanted to put you onto it.......they look a bargain.....its for sheds....not cars

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1482332

SRV:)

Hi SRV,

wow thats fantastic, thanks very much for posting the link, they look great! 5k though? I'm sure there's room for some bargaining!:D

Ive sent you a private message with another ad from donedeal....it looks better.

you were looking at the precast concrete prices............the pvc steel prices are way cheaper.......

SRV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    my max budget would be 4k:(

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/1414096

Dylan, pity you are not handy building wise....because that timber cabin looks great.
    Should be simple enough to put together i think.

SRV

• Advertisement
Advertisement