Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License for handing out leaflets?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello all :)
    I want to hand out some public information leaflets, and was wondering about all those pesky laws (such as that litter law and what have you). Do I need a license to cover myself? If so where can I get such a license? What does it cost? And most importantly, can I still be in violation of that litter law?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

you may be liable if people just drop them a few meters down the street after deciding the service is no use to them :D

at least if u put them in their letter boxes they can light the fire with them

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ScienceNerd361

delllat wrote: »
    you may be liable if people just drop them a few meters down the street after deciding the service is no use to them :D

at least if u put them in their letter boxes they can light the fire with them

Grand out :) But, do I need a license?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

yes! DCC introduce a permit system some time back to curtail distribution in hight traffic areas like henry/grafton st. Outside dublin (jurisdiction of other CC) they are a little more flexible.

blue4ever wrote: »
    yes! DCC introduce a permit system some time back to curtail distribution in hight traffic areas like henry/grafton st. Outside dublin (jurisdiction of other CC) they are a little more flexible.

Thanks for the help blue4ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Depends on the county, I'm 99.99% certain I read in my local paper that you aren't allowed hand out leaflets on any street in Kildare and to get around that people were getting permission from large shopping centres and tesco to stand inside their doorways to keep it legal.

• Advertisement

Could anyone tell me the official name of this license? I'm having trouble finding information about it on the Cork County Council website. (And thanks for the tip Ian Beale :).)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

It's usually a waste permit you need as you are creating litter. Not sure who to talk to in Cork but you could try the environment section of the City Council 021-4924533.

Don't try and do it without a permit in a public place - I know someone who was threatened with a €25k fine for distributing leaflets outside Croke Park!:eek:

It's usually a waste permit you need as you are creating litter. Not sure who to talk to in Cork but you could try the environment section of the City Council 021-4924533.

Don't try and do it without a permit in a public place - I know someone who was threatened with a €25k fine for distributing leaflets outside Croke Park!:eek:

Thanks for the help Rouge-Trooper :)

Advertisement