Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom pole in line of sight

Options
  • 11-08-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi;

It's the first time posting something - just wanted a bit of advice. I recently (Jan) bought a new build and in the process of completeing the transaction I had an Engineer inspect the house etc... one of the things that the engineer noticed was that there was an eircom pole just on the edge of the line of sight from the enterance.

As we needed the house - we aggreed with the builder to hold some of the money back while he waited on eircom to move the pole and when it was moved he'd get the remainder of the fee... I wasnt concerned as its an enterance onto a bye road and it doesnt really affect vision to the road...

the builder has got back to me and said that eircom have indicated that it could take a further 3 months to get it moved - so he has offered me the €3500 that it was going to charge him to move it instead of waiting to get it moved....

What issues would there be if I go to sell the house - would I then have to move the pole or would it be a case of it's alright...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dylbag wrote: »
    Hi;

It's the first time posting something - just wanted a bit of advice. I recently (Jan) bought a new build and in the process of completeing the transaction I had an Engineer inspect the house etc... one of the things that the engineer noticed was that there was an eircom pole just on the edge of the line of sight from the enterance.

As we needed the house - we aggreed with the builder to hold some of the money back while he waited on eircom to move the pole and when it was moved he'd get the remainder of the fee... I wasnt concerned as its an enterance onto a bye road and it doesnt really affect vision to the road...

the builder has got back to me and said that eircom have indicated that it could take a further 3 months to get it moved - so he has offered me the €3500 that it was going to charge him to move it instead of waiting to get it moved....

What issues would there be if I go to sell the house - would I then have to move the pole or would it be a case of it's alright...

The only place where i see it becomming an issue is if it was stipulated in the conditions of planning. If it was, then yes, if it wasnt, then i dont see a major problem

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭windyboy

Hi Guys,

If you are building a new house in rural area, can someone advise the contact number in Eircom to get someone out to assess cost of connection?

Cheers,

Windyboy

Advertisement