Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THREE Sim-Only Smartphone Plans

Options
  • 11-08-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Looks like THREE have finally got their act together, and come out with a somewhat decent Sim-only Smartphone Plans

THREE's Classic Flex Max plan seems to be on par with Meteor's 30 euro Bill Pay Smart Lite plan :cool:

Unfortunately this offer only seems to be available to 'new' customers, and will expire on 31/08/2010

NOTE: just noticed there, if you select 30 euro plan, in your 'checkout' basket, it comes up as 40 euro... hmmm bit dodgy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

There was a discussion on this a while ago, have a look at the "out of bundle" pricing... :P

Out of Bundle cost per min. 34c
    Out of Bundle cost per text 17c
    Out of Bundle cost per 500KB 34c
    Voicemail (per min.) 15c

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Yeah, I personally think that the Meteor plan is still better:

ITEMS
    METEOR
    THREE
    Cost
    Free Network Texts----200
    Free Network Calls
    unlimited
    Data
    1GB
    2GB
    Call Minutes
    Texts
    150 (add-on)
    Voicemail
    Free
    (incl in minutes)
    Out of Bundle Calls----25c/min
    34c/min
    Out of Bundle Texts---10c/text
    17c/text
    Voicemail
    15c/min

Just thought it may be of interest to those who were thinking about going with THREE regardless of OOB costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

M450 wrote: »
    There was a discussion on this a while ago, have a look at the "out of bundle" pricing... :P

Out of Bundle cost per min. 34c
    Out of Bundle cost per text 17c
    Out of Bundle cost per 500KB 34c
    Voicemail (per min.) 15c

Here's some q's for you OP...
    When do most people go over their bundle?? I know myself and the missus don't, and if you do then you're probably on the wrong plan.
    Voicemail charge - Just turn off your voicemail, its a pain having it anyway. Or theres a thread in here with a speed dial so it uses your 3 to 3 minutes instead of charging you.
    You're not going to go over 2gb a month unless you start downloading torrents are you?? and if you've got 350 units thats 350 mins or 700 txts, are you going to go over that?
    Once you can answer those you'll know.

I'm on the €30 per month deal, have to say very happy so far. I even managed to get someone in customer service who was good :eek:

If you want the €30 deal you'll have to ring them and order it, I couldn't do it via the web. Plus you'll probably have to direct them to it on the website as its a new enough offer and they might say they've never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

lafors wrote: »
    Here's some q's for you OP...
    When do most people go over their bundle?? I know myself and the missus don't, and if you do then you're probably on the wrong plan.
    Voicemail charge - Just turn off your voicemail, its a pain having it anyway. Or theres a thread in here with a speed dial so it uses your 3 to 3 minutes instead of charging you.
    You're not going to go over 2gb a month unless you start downloading torrents are you?? and if you've got 350 units thats 350 mins or 700 txts, are you going to go over that?
    Once you can answer those you'll know.

I'm on the €30 per month deal, have to say very happy so far. I even managed to get someone in customer service who was good :eek:

If you want the €30 deal you'll have to ring them and order it, I couldn't do it via the web. Plus you'll probably have to direct them to it on the website as its a new enough offer and they might say they've never heard of it.
    Well I'm of the opinion that most people go for the cheapest plan they think they'll get away with.

For example I'm switching to the €10 Meteor lite plan with a €5 data add-on instead of the €30 plan, expecting that I'll go over the allowances and incur some extra charges but my bill will still be less than €30 a month...

Same thing going from a €30 plan to a €50 plan... big step up there!

So, of course, it's whatever you think is best for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

You can do it over the net as thats how i did it, someone posted a link to it.
    also I got the sim only while also having 3pay but im not sure if bill pay can do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement