Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibood - Netgear 8-ports Gigabit Ethernet Switch - €25

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

ibood_ie.gif [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif]Every day, One Super Offer![/FONT]
    4745_j7_hi_1281449610.jpg [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif]Netgear 8-ports Gigabit Ethernet Switch[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif]€ 64,95[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif]Now: € 24,95[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif]+(12,50)[/FONT]
    btn_want_ie.gif

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

dabs = 51 sterling, http://www.dabs.com/products/netgear-8-port-10---100---1000mbps-gigabit-switch-38DS.html

so i'm guessing this is a good deal if u get two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

What does an Ethernet switch do?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Picked this exact same model up from Komplett yesterday for 39.75, so was originally a bit miffed when I read this... but seeing as postage bumps it up to 37.45 anyway, not so annoyed now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've been using a dlink524 as a switch but transferring files is ridiculously slow. I've the dlink connected to a linksys wireless router. Would this sort out my speed issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

nephster wrote: »
    Picked this exact same model up from Komplett yesterday for 39.75, so was originally a bit miffed when I read this... but seeing as postage bumps it up to 37.45 anyway, not so annoyed now :)

Yeah i'm after a switch and this was tempting but getting it a week or two sooner from komplett is worth the extra couple of euro

AntiRip wrote: »
    I've been using a dlink524 as a switch but transferring files is ridiculously slow. I've the dlink connected to a linksys wireless router. Would this sort out my speed issue?

Only if you've got gigabit LAN cards in your PCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OP,

Please do not post personal affiliate links in future!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Delivery and transaction costs € 12,50

Ah, no - doesn't seem like a good enough switch to me from the reviews I'm reading

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Ah, no - doesn't seem like a good enough switch to me from the reviews I'm reading

It's perfectly fine for a sub-40 quid switch. Doesn't matter if it's Linksys/Cisco, Belkin, D-Link, Netgear, Buffalo... read enough reviews and you'll find enough to put you off!
    Excellent reviews on Amazon.co.uk btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

nephster wrote: »
    It's perfectly fine for a sub-40 quid switch. Doesn't matter if it's Linksys/Cisco, Belkin, D-Link, Netgear, Buffalo... read enough reviews and you'll find enough to put you off!
    Excellent reviews on Amazon.co.uk btw.

Agreed, I'm using one of these Netgears for ages without any bother whatsoever.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've the 5 port version of it that i got in PC world a while ago when I was desperate and you can't fault them for the price tbh, i'd have gotten this one if i wasn't skint though, I could do with a few extra ports. :(

I can get sustained throughput of up to 50-65MB/sec from my SSD to my NAS through mine, so it's plenty fast enough and i'm pretty sure the limiting factor is my NAS, not the switch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I have this switch. It costs €36.50 on pixmania. It is a good price from iBood, but not that good.

The switch itself is grand. Decent throughput, and I've had no problems with it.

Advertisement