Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Fun or For Profit?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests; do you bet for fun or for profit?

For myself, it'd be mostly for fun though I do tend to take my football betting seriously and I'd say over the course of the year I'd be up on that. It's the horses that kill any money I'd make out of football; those fivers and tenners thrown here and there all add up - something like Dundalk of a Friday evening in the winter when I'm at home and at nothing would tend to be my downfall.

Overall I'm a betting for fun type; I wouldn't have the discipline or time required to be tuning a constant profit out of it.

Fun or Profit? 33 votes

Fun
    0% 0 votes
    Profit
    18% 6 votes
    The illusion of both
    45% 15 votes
    Atari Reverse Forecast
    36% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Obviously i like to make a profit and when i bet big that would reinforce that approach. But most of my bets are small enough throughout the year and they are mainly for fun. I tend to bet on televised sports more so than anything else for the added interest.

Advertisement